Scavenger Hunt - Garrison Woods (Extended till end of Feb due to cold weather!)
Faraway Families is a story about two best friends learning to stay close to their families who live far away. This year, the story resonates more than ever for families who may not live far away but may feel far away and we wanted to do something about it. Following the recent success of our first community scavenger hunt in Lake Bonavista, Garrison Woods was nominated as the next community to host.
Until the end of Feb 2021 Faraway Families will be hiding images of our adorable characters in the Garrison Woods community for families to find together and be entered to win amazing prizes from awesome local vendors. Not only is the Faraway Families’ Scavenger Hunt an opportunity to enjoy a family-focused, active and free event, we aim to stimulate conversation about how life may look and feel a little different for families as we navigate extended family connection differently than ever before.
How to participate:
- Join our Facebook event page to find the kid-friendly scavenger hunt map of 10 book characters who are hidden among your community
- Like or Follow us on Facebook or Instagram @farawayfamilies for daily updates and clues, activities and prize draw entries
- Sign up for our newsletter below for a copy of the map to be emailed directly to you.
- Share your photos on on our Facebook and Instagram pages for entries into our prize draws
- Tag @farawayfamilies or use hashtag #farawayfamilies to win incredible prizes from our generous community businesses
- Prizes will be awarded on Family Day with generous donations from: Master Chocolate, Scrappy Little Maker, Annabelle’s Kitchen, Springbank Cheese, Cobs Fresh Bread, Visual Hues Photography, Kid's Photography Academy, My Favourite Ice Cream Shoppe and Faraway Families.